Newest Addition to the WhatsUp Gold family is quicker to configure, easier to use and delivers more accurate, time-saving results
September 22, 2009 - Lexington, MA – Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management division, a developer of innovative network management solutions, today reported that the release of WhatsUp Gold v14, its most feature rich release since product inception, has been a major success within the market. Witnessing a record number of customers migrating to v14, feedback has been extremely positive with many declaring it to be the best network management tool available on the market due to its ease of use and new features, such as advanced discovery, pre-configured active monitors, IPv6 support and the new Alert Center.
Many network administrators highlight the new Alert Center as a major time-saver, which provides a consolidated view of alert information and simplifies management of notification policies. This feature ensures that they are always aware of everything going on within their networks.
“We have been using WhatsUp Gold for a couple of years now and it provides an invaluable level of insight into our network’s current state of health, allowing us to react the minute a problem occurs,” stated Adam Brown, Infrastructure Manager at York Data Services. “Version 14 builds on this with the new Alert Center and Threshold Monitors, allowing us to manage our network even more proactively. Now we can see from one workspace exactly where a problem might occur before it even has an effect on operations.”
Customers have also been impressed with v14’s enhanced discovery engine, which is up to four times faster and provides more accurate identification of networked devices and their roles. By increasing the accuracy of the discovery process and allowing administrators to pre-define device roles, v14 decreases the number of steps required to configure and start monitoring. These enhancements have been received extremely well by network administrators, as it has freed up time, allowing them to focus on more important IT and business initiatives.
“Networks are getting more complex, budgets tighter and IT staffs smaller,” explained Kevin Gillis, vice president of product management for the Network Management division at Ipswitch. “Companies are seeking near immediate time-to-value from their IT investments and do not have time or budgets to engage in certification programs or professional services in order to take advantage of these investments. I see the market trending towards WhatsUp Gold as their simple to manage, yet comprehensive and intuitive solution to monitoring and managing functions in their wired, wireless and virtual networks.”
Features that have helped customers discover network happiness
WhatsUp Gold v14
- Enhanced Discovery – up to 3 times faster and more accurate identification of networked devices and their role
- Alert Center – new consolidated view of device status and state from a single console
- Threshold Monitors – performance and alerting parameters for critical devices and Flow monitors
- Pre-configured Monitors – FTP monitor and File and Folder monitor are among the 13 new active and performance monitors that greatly simplify and accelerate monitoring of the most common devices and services
- Critical Monitors – establish intra-device dependencies to prevent alarm storms when a device or sub-system failure occurs
- IPv6 Support - Ability to discover, map, monitor, alert and report on IPv6 network devices
- Synthetic Transactions - HTTP/S content monitor for logging into web sites and validating content on open and secure sites
Flow Monitor v2.0
- J-Flow and sFlow® – expanded flow support increases visibility into all traffic flows throughout the network including high speed switching networks powered by Cisco®, Hewlett-Packard, Juniper® and other leading vendors
- Reporting – three new troubleshooting reports decrease time to understand and locate issues
- Role Based Management – increased security through control of user access to configuration and reports
Additional new features:
- 64 bit Operating System support for Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008 Standard and Enterprise
- Supported on VMware ESX, ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualized environments
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 Monitor
- SQL Server 2008 Support
About WhatsUp Gold - Know Your Network
Ipswitch™, Inc.’s network management division, the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative network management solutions, manages thousands of networks worldwide. Built on a scalable architecture offering automated network discovery and network mapping, real-time network monitoring (including SNMP monitoring and WMI monitoring), and versatile alerting, notification, and reporting functionality, WhatsUp Gold provides intelligent and easy to use, extensive network management that goes beyond simple device availability and delivers comprehensive troubleshooting. Recently, Ipswitch, Inc. acquired Dorian Software Creations, Inc., the leader in providing complete, easy-to-use solutions for Windows Security Event Management (SEM) and Log Management for small businesses and enterprise-level organizations.
WhatsUp Gold scales from the small business to the large enterprise, and its functionality extends with additional plug-in modules: WhatsUp Gold WhatsConnected™ for Layer 2/Layer 3 discovery, mapping and visualization; WhatsUp Gold Flow Monitor and WhatsUp Gold Flow Publisher for network bandwidth utilization monitoring; WhatsUp Gold WhatsConfigured for automated Network Configuration and Change Management; and WhatsUp Gold VoIP Monitor for precise measurement of a converged network’s ability to provide the quality of service (QoS) necessary for VoIP. To learn more about WhatsUp Gold, download a free trial or to make a purchase visit: http://www.whatsupgold.com/products/download/